Welcome to the Annette Perry Library!
I look forward to sharing my love of books even more in the 2018-19 school year with more wonderful learning activities in our library with our STEAM Lab!
Celeste Kizer, MLS
Library Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM - 3:30PM
"If you have a garden and a Library, you have everything you need."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
You can search for books available for check out, including ebooks for reading at home. Just choose Annette Perry from school list.
Thank you to the MISD Education Foundation for supporting Literacy and learning at Annette Perry Elementary by awarding our Library funds for the grant Graphic Novels Rock Our Universe and From Reading to Robotics. Please consider contributing to help support the Foundation. #changinglivesinMISD
Join our Birthday Book Club because nothing is better than a book and a hug!
Say “Happy Birthday!” to your child and support his or her literacy at the same time. Purchase a book to add to our library collection. Each book will have a special nameplate on it, celebrating your child. Sign up for your child or children today, please see Mrs. Kizer.
Support our library by shopping
If you shop online, please consider going through the School Mall website. Just choose Annette Perry Elementary! A portion of the sales will come back to Perry Elementary. There are many merchants including Walmart, Kohls, Land’s End and more who send a portion of the sale back to our school and help add books to our Library.
Class Library Schedule for 2018-2019
- 2nd - Diaz
- Kinder - Adolph
- 1st Webb
- 4th - Volkmann
- Kinder -Etchison
- 1st - Morales
- 3rd Meister
- 4th Manzano
- 2nd Johnston
- 1st Jalkh
- PreK- AM & PM
- 3rd Chapman
- 2nd Cox
- Kinder - Dorsey
- 1st Chaires
- 2nd - Weir
- Kinder -Stephens
- PreK Luu
Our next Scholastic Book Fair starts with the online fair on October 13, and then will be at school from October 25-Nov. 1! We will be open for families during Trunk or Treat, Tuesday, October 30 and then again for families before the Character Parade on Wednesday, October 31! Hope to see you all there!!
Thank you! Mrs. Kizer
Student Library Motto
"Falcons soar high and so will I"
Students in Kindergarten and 1st grade may have one book checked out at a time. Students in grade 2 may have two books checked out at a time. Students in grades 3-4 may have three books checked out at a time. All books may be checked out for one week, and may be renewed on an as needed basis. Classes visit our library weekly for instruction and checkout. Students may utilize our Open Check Out program which allows students the flexibility to visit the library individually on a more frequent basis.
Parents, please help to ensure your child is a good library citizen and remind them to return his/her book on time, which is your child's responsibility.
Access to search for books in Perry's library may be done from the classroom, or home, by visiting the library website and clicking on the Destiny Discover icon.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Discovery Education Streaming - is an amazing resource for digital classroom media. Over 5000 videos, 20,000 images, 4000 audio files, 20,000 encyclopedia articles, lesson plans, classroom tools, and much, much, more!
- PowerMediaPlus - is another great digital classroom media resource. Over 3000 videos, 20,000 images, 6000 audio files (including audio books, classical music and so much more). PMP even includes a Podcast tool!
- Teaching Books - Time-saving portal to thousands of online resources to explore children's and young adult books and their authors. Immediate access to short movies, audio book readings, book discussions, and more.
- World & I School - Cross-curriculum resource with a broad range of articles by scholars and experts in their fields. Includes magazine's full contents from 1986 plus weeky Spanish and ESL Programs.
- Mansfield Public Library - This is a great place to search for books at the Mansfield Public LIbrary. The Mansfield Public Library is located at 104 S. Wisteria St.
- Arlington Public Library - If you cannot find a book in the Annette Perry, or Mansfield Public library, as a Mansfield or Arlington resident you may check out a book at either location. There are also many books to read online.
- Britannica School - a safe, up-to-date, and age-appropriate information resource for Elementary, Middle, and High School. Britannica is an online digital encyclopedia.
- PebbleGo - Research your favorite animals from home or school. PebbleGo features hundreds of animals, reading supports, games, and audio and video clips of animals in action.