Welcome to the Annette Perry Library!
I look forward to sharing my love of books with all the Perry Falcons! Plus we have amazing learning activities in our library with our Makerspace Lab.
Kristen Hendrix, MLS
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax all you need is a book!” – Dr. Seuss
Library Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM - 3:30PM
You can search for books available for check out, including Ebooks for reading at home. Just choose Annette Perry from school list.
Thank you to the MISD Education Foundation for supporting Literacy and learning at Annette Perry Elementary by awarding our Library funds for the grant Graphic Novels Rock Our Universe and From Reading to Robotics. Please consider contributing to help support the Foundation. #changinglivesinMISD
Support our library by shopping...
If you shop online, please consider going through the School Mall website. Just choose Annette Perry Elementary! A portion of the sales will come back to Perry Elementary. There are many merchants including Walmart, Kohls, Land’s End and more who send a portion of the sale back to our school and help add books to our Library.
- Garcia - 4th (both ELA blocks)
- Webb - 1st
- Wallick - 2nd
- Carr - Kinder
- Volkman - 4th (both ELA blocks)
- Jones - 1st
- Rodriguez - 3rd
- Pierce - 2nd
- Etchison - Kinder
- Meister - 3rd (both ELA blocks)
- Jalkh - 1st
- Ballard - 2nd
- Adolph - Kinder
- Chapman - 3rd (both ELA blocks)
- Chaires - 1st
- Fallis - 4th
- Flores - 2nd
- Stephens - Kinder
- Luu - PK am & pm
- Maverick - 1st
- Dorsey - Kinder
Student Library Motto
"Show Off Amazing Reading"
We will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month in September. If you have any photos of your little Falcon showing pride of their Hispanic heritage, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be featured in a video that will be shown over video announcements. Or you may send a copy of a photo to be placed in the display case inside the school. Please put your child’s name and teacher on the back. Photos may not be larger than a 4x6. Please send all photos (digital or copy) by September 23rd.
Students in PK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade may have one book checked out at a time. Students in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade may have two books checked out at a time. In January, the number of books allowed for 1st - 4th will increase. If students are required to check out a specific book for a class assignment, this will be in addition to the two book limit. All books may be checked out for one week, and may be renewed on an as needed basis. Classes visit our library weekly for instruction and checkout. Students may utilize our Open Check Out program which allows students the flexibility to visit the library individually on a more frequent basis.
Parents, please help to ensure your child is a good library citizen and remind them to return his/her book on time, which is your child's responsibility.
Access to search for books in Perry's library may be done from the classroom, or home, by visiting the library website and clicking on the Destiny Discover icon.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Discovery Education Streaming - is an amazing resource for digital classroom media. Over 5000 videos, 20,000 images, 4000 audio files, 20,000 encyclopedia articles, lesson plans, classroom tools, and much, much, more!
- PowerMediaPlus - is another great digital classroom media resource. Over 3000 videos, 20,000 images, 6000 audio files (including audio books, classical music and so much more). PMP even includes a Podcast tool!
- Teaching Books - Time-saving portal to thousands of online resources to explore children's and young adult books and their authors. Immediate access to short movies, audio book readings, book discussions, and more.
- World & I School - Cross-curriculum resource with a broad range of articles by scholars and experts in their fields. Includes magazine's full contents from 1986 plus weeky Spanish and ESL Programs.
- Mansfield Public Library - This is a great place to search for books at the Mansfield Public LIbrary. The Mansfield Public Library is located at 104 S. Wisteria St.
- Arlington Public Library - If you cannot find a book in the Annette Perry, or Mansfield Public library, as a Mansfield or Arlington resident you may check out a book at either location. There are also many books to read online.
- Britannica School - a safe, up-to-date, and age-appropriate information resource for Elementary, Middle, and High School. Britannica is an online digital encyclopedia.
- PebbleGo - Research your favorite animals from home or school. PebbleGo features hundreds of animals, reading supports, games, and audio and video clips of animals in action.